Recruit Talented STEM Students
Did you know that ABRCMS is one of the nation's largest conferences for underrepresented minorities in STEM? Reach a diverse community of young researchers when you exhibit at ABRCMS.
2017 Dates and Deadlines
- April 25: Priority Exhibit Sales for Sponsors (12 p.m. EDT)
- May 9: Priority Exhibit Sales for Clusters (12 p.m. EDT)
- May 15: General Exhibit Sales (12 p.m. EDT)
- June 30: Conference Registration & Housing Open
- Sept. 25: Advertisement Deadline
- Sept. 25: Exhibit Booth Cancellation Deadline
- Oct. 10: Discount Conference Registration Ends
- Nov. 1 - 4: ABRCMS 2017, Phoenix, AZ
2017 Exhibit Booth Fees
Premier Booth: $1,950
Prime Booth: $1,800
Central Booth: $1,650
- Two (2) conference registrations (Please note that registration does NOT include meals. A meal ticket must be purchased separately to have access to scheduled meals); each additional exhibit registration is $200 (on or before Oct. 10) or TBD (after Oct. 10)
- 10' x 10' exhibit space (8' backdrop and 3' dividers)
- 10' x 10' carpet in exhibit space
- One (1) 6' table with skirt, two (2) chairs and one (1) trash can
- One (1) SWAP Lead Retrieval App to capture leads electronically
- Online exhibitor profile
- Identification sign
- Free WiFi in the exhibit hall, courtesy of ABRCMS sponsor the American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- General booth security
Purchase an Exhibit Booth
Instructions for purchasing an exhibit booth will be available in April 2017.
Be sure to check the Exhibitor Rules and Regulations before purchasing a booth.
Registering for the Conference as an Exhibitor
A 10' x 10' exhibit space comes with 2 conference registrations (please note that meals are NOT included in the registration fee. A separate meal plan must be purchased in order to access the meals), the person listed on the booth application as the primary contact. This individual has already been pre-registered. However, confirmed exhibitors must enter the portal and complete the complimentary registration. After completing the complimentary registration, exhibitors will then be allowed to add, modify and confirm registrations associated with your exhibit booth. Please note that any individuals who enter the exhibit hall must register and pay the appropriate fee.
Exhibitor Service Manual/Shipping
Freeman is the official ABRCMS shipping provider. An ABRCMS Exhibitor Service Manual will be emailed to each primary exhibitor in August. The manual includes information on exhibit rules and regulations, shipping addresses and order forms, freight and labor deadlines, and procedures for purchasing additional booth furniture. The Freeman Exhibitor Services department can be reached at (407) 816-7900.
- EAX Worldwide is NOT a recommended ABRCMS shipper
- If an outside company is used, the Convention Center will charge an additional fee for accepting, storing, delivering and returning ALL packages regardless of weight
Lead Retrieval System (LRS)
Each exhibiting company receives a complimentary LRS SWAP app. LRS will capture the following fields: name, university, address, email, phone number, registration type, education level, gender, ethnicity/race, graduation date and scientific discipline by simply scanning attendee name badges. Your Experient Lead Retrieval & Data Management system will collect and store information to make it easy to follow-up with key prospects and quantify the benefits of exhibiting.
To claim your complimentary LRS SWAP app please download the following order form. You may also order additional items, on the same form, when claiming your complimentary LRS SWAP app without incurring the processing fee.
If you have already claimed your complimentary LRS SWAP app and need to order additional items, please use the exhibitor portal located in the conference registration.
The goal of ABRCMS is to foster the advancement of underrepresented minority students and encourage students to pursue advanced training. This conference is not a career fair. Therefore, you will not be allowed to participate as an exhibit if you are promoting job opportunities. ABRCMS reserves the right to accept or reject any exhibit contract based on this eligibility and academic goal.
ABRCMS welcomes organizations/institutions/departments interested in clustering within the exhibit hall. Clusters typically share a common interest or alliance or work together in some capacity. A cluster must comprise a minimum of 4 booths to be eligible for priority selection of exhibit booths prior to the general exhibit launch date. Institutions/universities participating in clustering must purchase exhibit space with a credit card. Check, money order, and invoice me options will not be available.
Recruitment Team Approach to Exhibiting
ABRCMS encourages Institutional Exhibitor Teams. These Teams include at least four individuals, each assuming a unique role:
- Research faculty share information about science courses and programs, research opportunities and mentors, career planning, and information pertinent to the research community
- Postdoctoral fellows do the same as research faculty and tend to add more personal experiences such as staying focused on research and working with mentors, completing graduate school and seeking postdoctoral opportunities
- Graduate students tend to share information about science courses and mentors, research opportunities, the campus environment, social life and networks as well managing ones time in the first two years of graduate school
- Graduate dean OR administrator provides general information about the institution, including deadlines and requirements for both summer and graduate programs
Networking with Disciplinary Societies
Networking sessions with professional societies will be held during ABRCMS 2017. These informal sessions, led by professional society members, provide a forum for societies to engage in small group discussions with students. Discussions focus on the societies’ student activities and on career pathways within their respective disciplines. We strongly recommend that any exhibitor representing a professional society attend. After participating in ABRCMS, all students are encouraged to continue their scientific and professional development by attending professional society meetings in their respective disciplines.
Early Admittance into Exhibit Hall
Individuals with exhibitor badges may enter the exhibit hall 30 minutes prior to opening of the exhibition. Students assisting with the set-up of the booths must be registered for the conference and have the exhibitor pass designated for students. A limited number will be available on-site. As a safety measure, the exhibit hall will be closed to all attendees during non-exhibition hours. Please plan accordingly.
*option to select multiple scientific disciplines